Pet Services TM
These Are Questions You Need to Ask Yourself and the Pet Sitter / Company You are Considering Hiring.
• Is the person bonded, insured and Background checked? If so, do they have documentation of proof?
• Is the person trained in Pet CPR and Pet First Aid?
• Does the person know what to do with your pet in case of an emergency or life-threatening emergency?
• Does the person know what to do if your pets get into a serious fight with each other?
• Does the person know how to handle your pet being attacked by another animal while out on a walk?
• Does the person have in-depth paperwork for you to fill including a vet care form allowing the pet sitter to take your pet to the vet due to illness, injury or life-threatening emergency, a form stating what your wishes are for your pet if something was to happen to you, an agreement of some sort outlining what you can expect from, etc.?
• Is this person licensed by PACFA (Pet Animal Care Facilities Act) through the Colorado State Agriculture Dept. to handle pets outside of your home or even Taxi your pet anywhere? (IE. The groomer, the vet, the dog park, on hikes, etc.)
• Are they prepared to care for you sick or injured animal whether it is pre-existing condition or happens while you are away?
• Did you know many “Pet Sitters” will take your pet to the vet and leave them there till your return home because they do not want to deal with the red tape of getting proper care / treatment for YOUR injured or sick pet.
• Did you also know with-out your consent and proper forms and information the vet will not begin any care on your pet?
• Do you feel you can trust the person to come into your home and take care of your pet as requested and not have to worry about being robbed by the person taking care of your pet?
• Will there be more than just the one person you hired coming into your home to take care of your pet, either for a walk or visits?
• How comfortable are you having a realtor’s lock box hanging on your front door with your house key inside to allow access to the pet sitter while you are away?
• Are you able to meet the person before hand and get to know them and they get to know you and meet your pet BEFORE you hire them?
• Are you and your pet comfortable with this person you are considering hiring?
• If they work for a company how reputable is the company or are you using an app to hire someone.
• How reliable is this person? Are you confident they can be reliable?
• Do you want peace of mind that your pet will be cared for, or do you want the cheapest pet care you can find?
The most important question to ask your self and this person is:
“ are they professional or just someone who has offered to take care of your pet?”
IF there is at least one question you answer “NO” to, then you need to consider hiring a professional.
There are a lot of people who say they are professional but have no background proof. There are a lot of people who will pet sit just to make an extra buck, so be aware of who you are hiring. One last thing to know is: are they following the law by being licensed by PACFA, even in-home boarding must be licensed by PACFA. If they have more than 4 pets in the home this will include their own personal pets plus the pets they are boarding. If they offer to take your pet to the dog park or on hikes, again they must be licensed by PACFA to take your pet in their car.
If you are looking for a well-known, reputable, licensed, bonded, insured, background checked, Industry Standard trained, and 30 years plus experience in the pet care industry company, call Lucky Pet at Home Pet care services.
We meet all the criteria above and more.
Plus, we treat your pet as if they were our own.
Additional things to know about us:
• We specialize in last minute bookings, hospice care and pet care for the elderly. We have a huge variety of services and all can be customized to meet your and your pets needs, from in-home visits ranging from 15 minutes to 4 hour stays to overnight packages and vacation packages, basic grooming, taxi service, and house sitting (for those who do not have pets at all).
• We also provide errand service for pet care needs, such as picking up and delivering pet food for you, coming by your home and brining in packages instead of them sitting outside all day long, basic house cleaning (nothing in-depth, just a light cleaning / clean up).